Sunday, January 29, 2012

My grocery deals - Walgreens, Jewel, and Dominicks

My shopping trip today:
First stop: Walgreens
Transaction 1:
Blink eye drops - $8
2 snickers hearts - $1
Bag of candy corn (seriously - they still had candy corn!) - $.14

Used $1.50 Blink coupon, used $1/2 snickers coupon, used $6 RR
Paid $.91 (including tax) and got $8 RR for Blink eye drops
Up $1.08 this transaction

Transaction 2:
Blink eye drops - $8
Cottonelle TP - $5

Used $1.50 Blink coupon, used $1 Cottonelle Walgreens coupon, used $6 RR
Paid $5.09 and got $8 RR from Blink eye drops
Down $3.09 this transaction 

Next, off to Jewel - had fun with their doubling coupon event!!
6 - Bird's Eye vegetables - $1 each so $6 (2 - $1/3 coupons doubled to $2 each)
4-pack of Dannon Activia - $2.50 ($1/1 coupon - doubled to $2)
Freezer Bags - $1 (no coupon, just needed these)
Donut (not pictured, totally ate it right away!) -  $.50 (got a free coupon from game tickets)
Garlic Knots - $3.69 ($1/1 coupon - doubled to $2)
Grande Tortilla chips - $2.50 ($1/1 coupon - double to $2)
Dozen Eggs - $2.69 (free with a Catalina coupon)

Total before coupons - $18.45, also used a $2 RR, paid $3.00 on a Jewel GC I had gotten for free.
Down $2 this transaction (the $3 I put on the giftcard was free, so I'm not really counting that)

Final stop: Dominicks
Gallon of Milk (not pictured)- $1.97 with J4U price
2 Sunkist fruit snacks - $2.18 (with 50% off discount because of damaged boxes, 50 cent J4U coupon)
Turkey pepperoni - $1.74 (50% off clearance price)
Pork Chops - $2.95 (clearance because of date - originally $8.30)
2 Kiwis - $.67

Used $8 RR I had received from Jewel - paid $1.89
Down $9.89 this transaction

Total spent today for all these items - $13.90
Not bad, huh? And I had all really nice cashiers today which is always a nice bonus!
I use Mashupmom to plan most of my grocery trips - and then I just see what deals I can find in the store too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some sweet comments! I love to hear what you have to say!